THE BERLIN DECLARATION
The German NGOs and NGO-Networks joining the NGO INITIATIVE BALTIC SEA
COOPERATION intend to improve inter-sectoral cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region.
- To be partner for facilitation and discussion of BALTIC SEA COOPERATION
both for Non-Governmental Organisations and Governments (national and international)
- To communicate the BALTIC SEA REGION as a national and international topic
- To improve communication and exchange of information for anybody interested
in the topic (national and international)
- To make coordination easier for all NGOs connected to the NGO INITIATIVE
BALTIC SEA COOPERATION
- To facilitate access to BALTIC SEA COOPERATION for any individuals, initiatives
- To raise the NGOs effectiveness and ability to act in the Baltic Sea Region
- The NGO INITIATIVE BALTIC SEA COOPERATION does not claim to represent the
whole German NGO-sector or even not the NGOs connected
- An address-list of all connected NGOs and their fields of work.
- For common activities or for certain purposes some people could get the
task to represent common interests of the NGO-INITIATIVE.
- A common Web-page will be offered (similar to www.cbss-ngo.de/2001
which was already presented to prepare the Wohlde meeting) . The information
published here will be commonly discussed at certain times and renewed and
- The WOHLDE LIST will summarise those background papers having BALTIC SEA
COOPERATION as a topic, which we know or have access to. All papers listed
will be able to order by participants of the NGO INITIATIVE BALTIC SEA COOPERATION.
- We will work Wir führen eine EXPERTINNENLISTE mit Personen, die zu
bestimmten Themengebieten Erfahrungen weitergeben können.
- We keep the contact to initiatives in other Baltic Sea Countries, who have
similar goals and also want to improve the NGO BALTIC SEA COOPERATION, first
of all the Danish BALTIC SEA FORUM. We intend to raise the opportunities for
exchange of ideas and experiences.